P2P investing can lead to money being tied up for long periods of time. With BondMason, we aim to provide liquidity to investors within a week
How can I access my money?
BondMason is structured to enable investors to access their money when they want to. Normally when an investor invests in P2P debt, they have to wait for the loan to be repaid - which can take years; or go into a fixed period bond, which may not suit their investment horizon. With BondMason we aim to provide liquidity to investors with 7 to 14 days3
Money back for most P2P investors within the week
We set ourselves targets in terms of achieving quick liquidity for our clients. Whilst these are not guarantees, they are closely managed by the BondMason team. At present, the liquidity targets are:
- Up to £10k invested: liquidity in 2-3 days
- Up to £25k invested: liquidity in 3-7 days
- Up to £50k invested: liquidity in 7-14 days
- £50k-100k: liquidity in c.10-21 days
- Over £100k: please contact us
Our aim over the next 12 months is to continually reduce these targets, and provide more liquidity, faster. On average, clients have been able to fully liquidate their positions within 24-48 hours. We will update these targets as we improve liquidity further.
Please note: the targets do not include any time taken by the Banks to send money from our client account to you - this can take 2-3 days, and we are not in control of this timing
How does BondMason provide liquidity?
We provide liquidity in 3 ways:
- Brokering portfolio sales: when you decide to liquidate your investments, we will broker these investment positions to new investors
- Managing investment periods and reinvestment: across the platform, investors will invest in loans with different investment periods. This ensures there are always funds available for investing
- Growth in the platform: the interest that clients receive, and new investment capital from clients coming to the platform, will be a source of liquidity for outgoing investors