2017 was a successful, busy year for BondMason. We saw expansion in all areas; with increased direct lending partners, clients, and team members; alongside sizeable growth in Assets under Administration.
Our 2017 highlights include:
- Our number of clients grew by 42%
- Assets under Administration (‘AuA’) increased by 131%
- We added 11 new lending partners, taking our total number to 33.
- Average gross return over the year remained on target and losses were limited to less than 0.5% of invested assets, well within our expectations and down to our continued due-diligence processes.
- We expanded our investment team with the hire of two additional Investment Executives.
- Installed a new loans administration system to enhance our ability to asses and monitor investments.
- We were a Finalist in the Investment Week Fund Services Awards 2017
- CEO Stephen Findlay was recognised in the P2P Power 50 as one of the key players influencing the P2P and Direct Lending market.
- We added three helpful new features to our dashboard functionality - cash deployed chart, transaction history and a monthly interest withdrawal option.
- We launched our new SIPP and SSAS services.
And what has 2018 got in store?
We pride ourselves on our consistent performance and will continue to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. Our Investment Team’s focus this year will be to:
- Continue to grow AuA in a controlled way, with an emphasis on quality over volume.
- Add additional lending partners - assuming they pass our thorough due diligence process.
- Develop our non-P2P partnerships. Typically, these are established lending partners such as bridging finance lenders, who fund smaller scale projects in areas such as property development. These partnerships enable our clients to benefit from access to loans not usually available to individual investors.
- Continue to invest in the team with support for training and development to ensure we are best placed to capture market opportunities.
We also have some exciting new plans for activity in 2018. The early part of the year will see our new website go live with a new design, improved dashboard functionality and website usability. We are looking to launch a fixed term bond product later in the year – more on this to follow.
We look forward to sharing these new features and services with you and wish all our clients a great year ahead.
*Warning: nothing in this article should be construed as advice. Your capital is at risk.
Getting started is easy
Getting started is easy. In just a few simple steps you can create an account and start targeting gross returns of up to 8.0% p.a.1 and with no tie-in3 there is no reason to delay.
1. Your returns: BondMason clients achieved an average gross return of 8.0% p.a+. from April 2015 to June 2017 (before fees). Your capital is at risk and BondMason is not covered by the FSCS or regulated by the FCA. Please see our statistics page for investment performance details. 2. You are not lending: BondMason Ltd enables each client (buyer) to purchase specific Receivables based on cash actually received by the seller relating to peer-to-peer loans (P2P loans), asset-backed loans and receivables purchase agreements made by the seller on other finance platforms. The resulting "Receivable Purchase Agreement" can also be sold (and purchased) on BondMason 3. Liquidity is not guaranteed: we aim to provide liquidity within 7-14 days. This is not a guarantee. Please see below for full disclaimer and T&Cs